Friends of Burnage Library – Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains how we use and look after the personal information we collect from you.
Friends of Burnage Library (FOBL) is the data controller, responsible for processing of any personal data you give us. We take every care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to or use of it.
What information do we collect from you? Names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers of library volunteers and members and supporters of the charity Friends of Burnage Library (FOBL). Also the phone numbers of volunteers and their nominated emergency contacts / next of kin.
Who is collecting it? The charity FOBL.
How is it collected? Volunteers and members of FOBL (known as the data subjects in the General Data Protection Regulation) complete paper application forms. Supporters provide their e-mail addresses electronically.
Why is it being collected? To enable FOBL to communicate with volunteers, members and supporters.
How will it be used? We will only use your personal data for any purpose for which it has been specifically provided. It will be used to inform:
- Volunteers of the monthly rota of work sessions and related information;
- Volunteers, members and supporters about the library and information related to it;
- Volunteers, members and supporters about the on-going work of the charity and the activities taking place in the library and the wider community;
- Members about the work of the charity and opportunities for them to engage in it by communicating details of meetings of the Board and inviting them to general meetings.
Who might we share your information with?
- The Trustees
- The Development Worker and other staff
- We will not share your information with any other organisations without your express consent. Otherwise we will only supply your personal information with a third party should we be legally required to do so.
What will be the effect of this on you?
- You will be informed of what is required of you as a volunteer;
- You will be informed of the work of the charity;
- You will have the opportunity to become involved in the work of the charity and in activities in the library and in the wider community.
Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
- There will be periodic checks with volunteers, members and supporters (data subjects) that they remain happy for FOBL to hold their personal data.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
- Your personal data should not be held for longer than is required i.e. as long as you remain a volunteer or member or supporter of the charity FOBL.
- You have the right to request deletion of your personal data. We will comply with this request, subject to any legal obligations we may have to retain it.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
- As a data subject you have the right, on proof of identity, to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please write to us using the contact details noted below. We have an obligation to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is incorrect.
Last updated May 2018