Join us on Wednesday mornings (during term-time) from 10:30 – 11am for Singing, Rhymes and Storytimes: stories, songs and a bit of dancing for babies and toddlers and their parents/carers. See below for posts on some of our special activities and events during the school holidays:
- Storytime: Summertime Ocean Special August 17, 2018 Join us on Wednesday 29th August, 10:30 – 12:30, for our Summertime Ocean Special! Crafts for Children under 11 Storytime for under 5’s at 11:30 Bring a picnic! Please note, there will be a £1 charge towards materials per family/group, and all children must be supervised by an adult.
- Storytime Special – Bear Hunt Sponsored Walk April 11, 2018 A BIG thank you to everyone who came along to our special Bear Hunt walk today. Thanks to all the friends and family who sponsored you too – you have raised over £150 for family activities in your Community Powered Library! Despite the weather and the road being closed (!) it was a great event. Thank you Sylvia for organising it all so beautifully, and a Big Bear Hug to everyone who supported us!
- Storytime Half-Term Special: Wednesday 31st May, 10:30 – 12:30 May 29, 2017
- Storytime Cake Sale and Raffle December 15, 2016 We have had a lovely last session of 2016 today, followed by a very successful cake sale/raffle. We have managed to raise over £50! I am looking forward to being back on 11th January, when Singing, Rhymes and Storytimes returns. Sylvia
- Storytime Special- Lantern Parade November 2, 2016 There was a superb turnout for the Storytime Special, with the surprise finale at St. Margaret’s wowing the children! Many thanks to Sylvia for her work in organising the event, those volunteers who assisted with its running, and for everyone whose presence made the occasion so memorable.
- Storytime Special – Lantern Making and Parade: 26th Oct, 3:30pm October 7, 2016
- “We’re going on a Bear Hunt” May 20, 2016 There will be a sponsored toddle/walk/pram push for families based on the classic storybook “We’re going on a Bear Hunt” in the half term holiday on Wednesday June 1st from 10.00 – 12.30. We will assemble at the Library at 10:00, and from 10:30 walk a route around the Library following (and acting out!) the stages of the Bear Hunt story. On returning, we’ll have a story and a picnic (brought from home), with a teddy bear (brought from home) hopefully in the garden if the weather is nice. Families can ask to be sponsored and the money raised will go towards future family activities in the Library. Click here to download a sponsorship form.
- Storytime Special- 6th April at 10:30 March 31, 2016 Join us for our Singing, Rhymes and Storytimes special on 6th April at 10:30. Activities include: Easter Egg hunt in the library garden. Crafts for the under 11s. Storytime for the under 5s at 11am. Bring your lunch and join our picnic. £1.00 entry fee.
- Fireworks Storytime Special October 30, 2015 From Burnage Library’s Facebook page– Here’s a couple of pictures from Wednesday’s half-term special Fireworks Storytime session, when 70 people(!), including loads of kids, dropped in for crafting, hot chocolate, marshmallows and picnics…