Citizens Advice Manchester
Adviceline – 03444 111 222
New Information Hub at Manchester Town Hall Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2pm.
The Information Hub service can:
- Make a brief assessment of your enquiry and provide basic information.
- Help you to access online advice & information or submit electronic forms
- Help you to use the Free Phone service in the Customer Service Centre to call our advice line.
We now deliver assisted digital help at a number of venues across the city. During these sessions we can help you with online advice, help with online services such as Manchester Move or Universal Credit and provide support in accessing our other advice services. These sessions take place
- Gorton Library, Tuesdays 10am-1pm
- Longsight Library. Tuesdays 10am-1pm and Thursday 10am-1pm.
information on access to welfare benefits, benefit checks and charitable grants
0808 802 2000 (9am-8pm Mondays-Fridays)
Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline
– problems with goods and services, also help report a matter to trading Standards
03454 04 05 06
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
National Debt Line
– debt advice, budgeting, factsheets
0808 808 4000 Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm Saturday 9.30 to 1pm
services for employers and employees to help prevent or resolve workplace problems
Acas helpline 0300 123 1100 Monday 8am-8pm, Tuesday 8am-6pm, Wednesday to Thursday 8am-8pm and Friday 8am-6pm.
– Housing and Homelessness charity – advice on Private renting, Tenancy deposits, Eviction, Repairs, Housing Benefit, Council housing and Homelessness
0808 800 4444 open 365 days of the year from 8am – 8pm on weekdays and 8am – 5pm on weekends.
Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit
– independent voluntary organisation, advise and represent people in Greater Manchester in immigration, asylum and nationality law matters.
Tel 0161 740 7722 Mon-Fri 10-4.30
Manchester City Council
0161 234 5000
Council Tax Payments, supports, discounts
Bins Rubbish, recycling, collections
Work Job, careers and training advice
Libraries Collections, downloads and history
Councillors Burnage Ward
Cllr. Azra Ali
- 07852 511 785
Cllr. Carl Austin-Behan
- 07974 003 396
Cllr. Bev Craig
- 07825 610 669
Drop in Advice Sessions and Surgeries
Attended by Councillor Ali, Councillor Austin-Behan and Councillor Craig on a rota basis
Every Monday 6.00pm to 7.00pm (Except Bank Holidays and Christmas Week) at Burnage Library, Burnage Lane, MANCHESTER, M19 1EW
Councillors can be contacted by post at:
Members’ Services Office Town Hall MANCHESTER M60 2LA
Jeff Smith MP
0161 445 0678. firstname.lastname@example.org
Advice Surgeries are held on the fourth Friday of the month at Burnage Library 3.30 – 4.30pm
Community Service Directory
Compiled by WTB Solicitors LLP