Burnage Library, Activity and Information Hub is run by Friends of Burnage Library, in partnership with with Southway Housing Trust and Manchester City Council. Located in the centre of Burnage, we run activities and educational events for community groups, children and adults. The Hub is also the base for a outreach library service delivered by Manchester City Council.
Our programme of activities and events encourage community involvement, helping people make new friends and learn new skills. Burnage Library, Activity and Information Hub is run by a dedicated team of volunteers committed to providing a much need, and much loved resource for the community.
Burnage Outreach Library:
Wednesday: 10:00 – 15:00
You will be able to:
- Return books (there is a box at the door, so you won’t need to come in)
- Pick up books you have reserved (you can ask to pick them up at the door – please bring your card!)
- Browse and take out books (Please bring your card – you cant take out a book without it!
- Use a computer for 50 minutes – again please bring your card. We recommend that you book a slot on the computer as the numbers available are limited – Please ring 0161 227 3774.
- You can also pick up green bin bags from the front door.
Please wear a mask or face covering when you come into the Library.
We’ve been working hard to make the space safe and accessible for everyone – so numbers entering the Library will be limited to support social distancing.
During the outreach library’s opening times you can:
- Borrow adult and children’s books, along with spoken-word material, using your Manchester Libraries’ membership card.
- Return items from any Manchester library. Fines/charges can be paid using the library’s self-issue machine, or over the phone by debit/credit card by calling 0161 219 2393.
- Reserve and collect items from the Manchester Libraries’ catalogue.
- Access free Wi-Fi throughout Hub, provided by the Manchester Busy Bee network.
- Use one of the 8 computers with internet access with your Manchester Libraries’ membership card. (Please note that the computers will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.)
- Print and scan documents using one of the computers (10p per black and white sheet, 20p for colour).
- We are able to photocopy small numbers of documents behind the library counter.
You can also donate food to the Burnage Food Bank at the Hub.
Why not come down and see what we do?